President Erdogan made statements about “controlled normalization” in regards to Covid-19 Pandemic just after the cabinet meeting which took more than 3 hours in Ankara yesterday night. Erdogan announced that there would be no more weekend lockdowns in low- and medium-risk cities. However, in high and very high-risk cities, Sundays will still be subjected to restrictions. But, what about Antalya?
It is also announced that the new measurements will be updated every two weeks. Governors will have the right to make updates on measurements locally.
Antalya wins its Saturdays back!
Being one of the high-risk cities, Antalya received limited ease of Covid-19 restrictions. Nevertheless, it’s a good start as we are finally free to enjoy our day freely on Saturdays. Well, still until 9 p.m. as curfews at nights are still in force.
Below, there is the newest Covid-19 Risk Map which was shared following the cabinet meeting.
Covid-19 Restriction highlights for Antalya as a high-risk city
- Night curfews are still in force in weekdays between 21:00 – 05:00.
- Lockdown on Sunday.
- Face-to-face examinations only at high schools.
- Eased curfews for 65+ and -20 years old citizens.
- Not more than 50 people at wedding et cetera. Ceremonies are limited to one hour.
- Pre-school, Primary School, 8. and 12. grades switch to face-to-face education.
- Restaurants, cafes, patisseries and tea houses reopens and operate half capacity between 07:00 – 19:00.
Countrywide Covid-19 restriction details based on risk labels
As of Monday, Turkey registered a total of 28,638 deaths from Covid-19, while over 2.57 million people have recovered from the virus. There have been over 2.7 million confirmed cases in the country.
On the other hand, according to US’ Johns Hopkins University over 114.2 million cases have been reported worldwide, with recoveries now over 64.51 million.